Jamie Hardie HardiePlank© Siding is rated number one when it comes to siding. These siding products unify the character and warmth of wood with exceeded durability and low upkeep of fiber cement. They carry up to a thirty year limited transferable product warranty against delaminating, rotting, cracking, and chipping. There are many benefits to selecting this siding. Here are ten:
*Rated #1 Return on investment 8 years in a row! Remodeling Magazine’s Cost vs Value Report states that re-siding your home with fiber-cement siding in the mid-range or larger categories provides the #1 return on your remodeling investment.
*More than 5.5 million homeowners have already chosen James Hardie plank siding and are ecstatic about its beauty, durability and value.
*Climate engineered for St. Louis weather. James Hardie manufacturers their products with two different processes one called HZ10 for hot dry climates with no freeze thaw issues and HZ5 for the type of weather in St. Louis. Wet, humid, wide temperature swings and freeze thaw issues.
*Design options are unlimited. 23 standard colors combined with all the different siding and trim options give homeowners the opportunity to create a one of a kind look.
* Flame resistance – When exposed to heat or flame, vinyl siding will melt and wood-based siding will burn. James Hardie is noncombustible and approved for fire-rated construction.
* Fade resistance – Lower grades of Vinyl siding can easily fade as well. This means its original beauty fades and if you have to put in a new piece, it is just about impossible to match the color of it. Jamie Hardie Plank Siding features ColorPlus Technology. Their finish is baked on at the factory. It delivers up to thirty percent better fade resistance. With this siding, you can change the color later, if you decide too. With vinyl siding, you are kind of stuck with it.
* Weather resistance – Flying debris, hail, and falling limbs can puncture vinyl siding really easily. James Hardie Siding can withstand warping, rotting, cracking, breaking, and winds that reach over hundred miles per hour.
* Thickness – Premium vinyl siding is only 5/100″ thick. Jamie Hardie Siding is a full 5/16” thick. It supplies more protection and durability.
* Curb appeal – Whenever a lower grade of vinyl siding emulates the look of wood siding, it falls a little bit short. It also has faux wood that is very unnatural. It gives a home a plastic look and feel. James Hardie Siding looks more appealing and natural.
* Warranties – James Hardie Plank Siding offers up to a thirty year limited transferable product warranty, covering both material and labor.
Standard Installation Methods
Siding Express assigns one team to the installation process for most single family homes. That team works consecutive days, usually, three to four days depending on project size, until it is completed. If needed, they will remove existing siding and trim. They insure that the structural beams and insulation under the siding are intact. After repairing any flaws and insuring that the home is appropriately insulated, the new siding is installed according to the manufacturer’s specifications. Installation of soffit, fascia, gutters and other trim work completes the project and adds the beautiful finishing touches that showcase the siding project.