For the ultimate in performance with HardieZone® products, add ColorPlus® Technology. This proprietary process involves applying consistent, multiple coats of paint that was created especially for the demands climate places on a home’s exterior. The end result is a beautiful consistent finish that lasts up to 2x’s longer.* A baked-on coating offers maximum durability and resistance to prolonged exposure to freezing climate and moisture contact.
- Specially formulated paint stands up to UV levels in a way few field-applied paints can, offering up to 30% more fade resistance.**
- ColorPlus Technology finishes are warranted for 15 years.
- The ColorPlus Technology finish is warranted not to peel, crack, or chip for 15 years.
- Over 41 quality checks are made throughout our proprietary manufacturing process to ensure the quality of the substrate, the texture and the finish. No other manufacturer can match our demanding quality standards.
- Considering the alternatives? Compare the benefits of James Hardie Siding Products with ColorPlus Technology to field applied paint options, especially on larger buildings.
- Most of the raw materials used to make James Hardie Siding are extracted and processed near each manufacturing facility.
The ColorPlus Technology Process
James Hardie® siding with ColorPlus Technology combines our advanced fiber cement formulation with a factory-applied, baked-on finish. Our products are made using the highest quality raw materials and with our proprietary manufacturing process and equipment, revolutionary finish technology and innovative color process, we’re able to provide homeowners a superior siding solution for their homes.
A critical part of James Hardie ColorPlus technology includes color accuracy, color-matching James Hardie siding products, consistency of the paint application, fade resistance and finish longevity.
The ColorPlus Technology Color Palette
The James Hardie siding ColorPlus color palette was created by a color pro who handpicked the custom colors and color combinations for each area of the country. Selections were based on regional housing styles, environmental surroundings and extensive research and development.