James Hardie ColorPlus® Technology
For the ultimate in performance with HardieZone® products, add James Hardie ColorPlus® Technology. This proprietary process involves applying consistent, multiple coats of paint that was created especially for the demands climate places on a home’s exterior. The end result is a beautiful consistent finish that lasts up to 2x’s longer.* A baked-on coating offers maximum durability and resistance to prolonged exposure to freezing climate and moisture contact.
- Specially formulated paint stands up to UV levels in a way few field-applied paints can. As a result this offers up to 30% more fade resistance.**
- ColorPlus Technology finishes have a 15 year warranty.
- The ColorPlus Technology finish warranty covers peels, cracks, or chips for 15 years.
- Our manufacturing process involves doing over 41 quality checks throughout the process. We do this to ensure the quality of the substrate, the texture and the finish. No other manufacturer can match our demanding quality standards.
- Considering the alternatives? Compare the benefits of James Hardie Siding Products with ColorPlus Technology to field applied paint options, especially on larger buildings.
- Most of the raw materials used to make James Hardie Siding are extracted and processed near each manufacturing facility.
The James Hardie ColorPlus Technology Process
James Hardie® siding with ColorPlus Technology combines our advanced fiber cement formulation with a factory-applied, baked-on finish. Our products are made using the highest quality raw materials. And with our proprietary manufacturing process and equipment, revolutionary finish technology and innovative color process, we’re able to provide homeowners a superior siding solution for their homes.
A critical part of James Hardie ColorPlus technology includes color reliability. That is to say they carefully make sure color accuracy and color-matching James Hardie siding products are done correctly. Along with this, consistency of the paint application, fade resistance and finish longevity are also important factors that are thoughtfully considered. James Hardie does this to ultimately ensure you get the best results that you can.
The ColorPlus Technology Color Palette
A color professional created the James Hardie siding ColorPlus color palette. This person handpicked the custom colors and color combinations for each area of the country. Afterwards, elections were based on regional housing styles, environmental surroundings and extensive research and development.