Hardie Plank Siding is rated number one when it comes to siding. James Hardie siding products unify the character and warmth of wood with exceeded durability and low upkeep of fiber cement. They carry up to a thirty year limited transferable product warranty against delaminating, rotting, cracking, and chipping. There are many benefits to choosing Hardie Plank for your home and this article will highlight ten of the most noteworthy.10 Benefits of Having Hardie Plank Siding, 10 Benefits of Having Hardie Plank Siding.
Noteworthy Benefits of Hardie Plank Siding
- James Hardie Siding has been rated #1 for return on investment eight years in a row! Remodeling Magazine’s Cost vs Value Report states that re-siding your home with fiber-cement siding in the mid-range or larger categories provides the #1 return on your remodeling investment.
- More than 5.5 million homeowners have already chosen James Hardie Hardie Plank siding and are ecstatic about its beauty, durability and value.
- Hardie Plank is climate engineered for St. Louis weather. James Hardie manufacturers their products with two different processes. HZ10 is used for hot dry climates with no freeze thaw issues and HZ5 for the type of weather here in St. Louis: wet and humid with wide temperature swings and freeze thaw issues.
- Design options are unlimited with Hardie. There are 23 standard colors that you can combine with the variety of siding and trim options to give homeowners the opportunity to create a one of a kind look.
- Stay safe with flame resistant fiber cement. When exposed to heat or flame, vinyl siding will melt and wood-based siding will burn. James Hardie is noncombustible and approved for fire-rated construction.
- Enjoy fade resistant material. Lower grades of Vinyl siding can easily fade as well. This means its original beauty fades and if you have to put in a new piece, it is just about impossible to color match. Hardie Plank Siding features ColorPlus Technology. Their finish is baked on at the factory. It delivers up to thirty percent better fade resistance. With this siding, you can change the color later, if you decide too.
- Protect your home with Hardie’s weather resistance siding. Flying debris, hail, and falling limbs can easily puncture vinyl siding. James Hardie Siding can withstand warping, rotting, cracking, breaking, and winds that reach over hundred miles per hour for whatever weather your St. Louis home is subjected to.
- Thick fiber cement is hardy and durable. Premium vinyl siding is only 5/100″ thick. Jamie Hardie Siding is a full 5/16” thick, which supplies more protection and durability.
- Increase your home’s curb appeal. Whenever a lower grade of vinyl siding emulates the look of wood siding, it can fall a little bit short. James Hardie Siding is notorious for a more realistic and high-quality look and feel for homes.
- Enjoy industry-leading warranties. Our Hardie Plank projects come with a thirty year limited transferable product warranty, covering both material and labor.
How Will Your Hardie Plank Be Installed?
Siding Express assigns one team to the installation process for most single family homes. That team works consecutive days, usually, three to four days depending on project size, until it is completed. If needed, they will remove existing siding and trim. They insure that the structural beams and insulation under the siding are intact. After repairing any flaws and insuring that the home is appropriately insulated, the new siding is installed according to the manufacturer’s specifications. Installation of soffit, fascia, gutters and other trim work completes the project and adds the beautiful finishing touches that showcase the siding project.