Homeowner’s insurance is necessary in order to protect your wallet when your home is damaged. It can also be expensive, so any way you can save on it is a great thing. One way to do that? Install James Hardie siding on your house!
Installing James Hardie fiber cement siding on your home is already a great investment. It costs less than wood, won’t attract pests, and can withstand the elements. It’s water-resistant to protect against swelling or buckling over time—which means you’ll get more mileage out of your dollar! (Not to mention the added curb appeal, check out our James Hardie gallery to see some of our recent re-siding projects!)
An added bonus on top of that is that having any James Hardie fiber cement siding product, like HardiePlank®, HardieShingle®, or HardiePanel®, can actually qualify you for a discount on your homeowner’s insurance premium.
How You Get An Insurance Discount with James Hardie
These are just a few of the reasons insurance companies offer discounts for homes with James Hardie siding (call your insurance agent directly to find out if you qualify):
- Since James Hardie’s siding products are made from composite cement, they are technically rated as masonry
- They are non-combustible and carry a better fire rating than similar products on the market
- Experts agree that they are the most durable siding materials available, able to withstand impact from hail and other debris
- Fiber cement is designed to resist unwanted pest infestation from woodpeckers, termites, carpenter bees, and more
- Unlike wood, James Hardie siding doesn’t absorb moisture, practically eliminating the chances of mold, swelling, buckling, or cracking over time.
- And their patented ColorPlus technology provides better protection from UV rays and other extreme weather conditions, so the color won’t fade, crack or peel.
All the Ways You Can Save with Fiber Cement Siding
While the upfront cost is sometimes a little higher than other siding options, it’s undeniable that the long-term savings will make up for it. The initial investment saves money in the long run, by:
- Protecting your home from damage
- Potentially qualifying you for insurance premium discounts
- Giving you one of the best returns on investment of any home remodeling project
(Want some peace of mind, knowing your investment will truly be protected? You’re getting a rock-solid warranty!)
Whether you’re planning to sell soon and want to get top dollar, or you intend to stay in your home for years to come, James Hardie is the best choice for your residing project!
Contact Siding Express to Install James Hardie Siding
Check out our videos to learn more about the benefits of James Hardie siding. And contact us today to get your free consultation, see what other homeowners in St. Louis and St. Charles counties have said about their home remodeling experience, and learn more about the Siding Express Steps to Success!